When you need a quick meal, pick up a rotisserie chicken. Enjoy it as is with potato wedges and steamed vegetables, or take the meat off the bone and make something interesting. Here are some ideas.
- Pull the meat into shreds, mix with your favourite barbecue sauce and serve on crusty buns for a pulled chicken sandwich.
- Dice the meat and add to Caesar or tossed salad.
- Combine salsa, shredded Monteray Jack cheese and diced chicken and roll in soft tortillas. If you have an electric grill, grill the tortillas till crisp and serve with more salsa and sour cream.
- Microwave baker potatoes. Split in half and top with sauteed mushrooms, sliced green onions, diced chicken and shredded Swiss cheese. Microwave until the cheese melts.
- Mix chicken, diced cucumber and chopped tomato with tzatziki sauce and serve in pita pockets.
- Add diced chicken to a 4 cups of chicken broth. Bring to a boil, and add 2-3 cups of frozen vegetables. Simmer until the vegetables are cooked. Serve soup with crusty bread.
- Top naan breads with basil pesto, diced chicken, chopped sun dried tomatoes, marinated artichokes, sliced olives, Feta cheese and shredded Mozzarella cheese. Bake or grill until the crust is crisp and the Mozzarella is melted.
- Mix chopped chicken, diced fruit and toasted walnuts. Make a dressing of mayonnaise thinned with orange juice and stir into the chicken mixture. Serve on lettuce leaves.
- Heat sliced chicken with Alfredo sauce and toss with your favourite pasta.
- Make toasted chicken, lettuce, tomato and bacon sandwiches.
And, to top it off, the rotisserie chickens from Safeway, Sobeys and Superstore are from Manitoba farms. So the next time you need fast food, pick up a rotisserie chicken. Enjoy.