Boost your health by eating well. We hear it all the time, and we’re pretty sure what eating well means, but it’s not always easy to put it into practice. March is Nutrition Month, making this the perfect time to start a 100 meal journey to eating well. We eat about 100 meals in a month so, instead of trying to change everything at once, focus on making small, lasting changes one meal at a time. It’s much easier to be successful when you’re taking it one step – one meal – at a time.
Start by choosing one thing about your eating habits that you can change easily. Here are few ideas that can have big benefits.
- Fill more of your plate with vegetables.
- Make a grocery list and stick to it.
- Choose whole grain bread instead of white.
- Put meals on smaller plates or in smaller bowls.
- Enjoy fruit for snacks instead of sweet or salty treats.
- Drink water in place of sugary beverages, like pop.
- Make a meal plan for the week so you know what you need to shop for, and what you’ll be cooking and eating.
- Post your healthy eating goals in the kitchen and at work to help keep healthy eating top of mind.
Take the #100mealjourney pledge and challenge your friends and family to do the same. Share your stories and tips on social media using #100mealjourney and #nutritionmonth
What will you change first on your #100mealjourney?